Sunday, February 11, 2007

Transforming Fear. A Dream.

I was approaching my house (a small white house with a front porch). I had just moved into this house, it was full of happy people. I noticed that there were very large brown bears on the porch. I was scared and raced to get in the house where I would be safe. I shut the door and pressed my body up against it. I could feel the bear thrusting his body up against the door. I held the lock on the door knob to keep it from turning, as the bear struggled to unlock the door. He eventually got in the house and grabbed me up in his huge arms. I could feel terror in my body, as if this were really happening. My mind raced to remember how to frighten bears away, but I could not remember. I only knew that he couldn’t know that I was scared. I decided that I would meditate and visualize that I was in the arms of God. At that moment, everyone in the room began to pray for me and I could feel their prayers. Fear left my body as I began to ohm softly. Soon, the bear began to hum softly along with me. And then he began to gently sway back and forth rocking me tenderly. He began to stroke my hair. Eventually he put me back down, and left through the door.

1 comment:

marilyn said...

Hi Lynne, I love your blog! I recognized your brown bear right away and was pleased to remember how playful he became in your soul collage card. It's fun to know the whole story.

What a lovely idea to commit oneself to joy. I join you... It's not always easy, but certainly a good intention to have. Not much can be lost and so much can be eased by such a mindset.

You have wonderful energy...