A Course Correction
The Joy Experiment took a back burner, quite by accident. I didn’t intend to relegate it to anywhere other than the front burner, but old habits are hard to break. When life reconvened at top speed, I began to postpone writing. And with the postponement of writing, came the postponement of focus.
I had an incident happen at work that left me hurt and feeling under valued. In the blink of an eye the old Lynn resurfaced. I found myself ranting and raving, my colleague across the way joining right in. I began to take action out of emotion instead out of a place of being centered.
Two days later, my colleague and I discussed what had happened. “What does that mean?” he asked.
“It means that we need to do a course correction,” I replied.
I believe that one of the most powerful tools we have at our disposal is habit. We are going to have habits; we may as well choose the good ones. Changing a way of thinking and being in the world is merely changing a habit. And like changing of any habit, it is only difficult at first. So, I did perform a course correction, I moved back into the place where I really do want to live (or at least as much as humanly possible), that place of making conscious choice and living with intention. I want to live from a place where I realize that if I don’t wake up on the right side of the bed, it doesn’t mean I have woken up on the WRONG side of the bed, AND I can change the way I feel.
I am sure that this was not the only time that I will do a course correction…but what I know for sure is that writing about joy and the desire to do my life differently, makes it so. It states my intention for all to hear (and, yes, I am quite sure that God reads my blog on a regular basis), makes me accountable and conscious of my actions and feelings.
Choose joy today, it really is a choice.
Love,
Lynnie.
No comments:
Post a Comment